5 Brain-Based Approaches to Increase Retention
Speaker: Marjorie Meacham
The moment they complete a course, each learner faces a crucial point of divergence. They will follow one of two tracks–learning or forgetting. The success or failure of your learning design depends on what happens in the minutes, days, and weeks after the learning experience is completed.
In this interactive session you’ll learn:
- Why learning (and forgetting) actually begins the minute your course ends.
- How the spacing effect can keep your audience on the learning curve and off the forgetting curve.
- The five biggest mistakes that propel learners down the forgetting curve.
- How the 80/20 rule affects instruction design.
- The power of a Just Noticeable Difference (JND) to change behavior.
- How to avoid learner burnout by understanding the Law of Diminishing Returns.