Building a Culture of Employee Engagement
Speaker: Robert Lavigna
Research has shown that improving employee engagement in government will drive higher levels of organizational performance, stimulate innovation, reduce unwanted turnover and yield other important workforce and organizational benefits.
In this session, Bob will expand on previous sessions he’s presented on engagement, including:
• What employee engagement is and why it matters, particularly in government;
• Assessing the level of employee engagement;
• Improving engagement;
• Developing managerial competencies on engagement;
• Training and educating managers/supervisors on measuring and improving engagement;
• Building an organizational culture of engagement;
• Why engagement efforts fail; and
• How to get started on the journey to improved engagement.
This session will be based in part on Lavigna’s book, Engaging Government Employees: Motivate and Inspire Your People to Achieve Superior Performance, published by the American Management Association. Governing magazine featured the book as one of the “6 Books Public Employees and Managers Should Read” in 2014.